SELECT * FROM (MyCursor Results) ..?

From: Brian Y. <NOSP_at_M>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:32:21 GMT

Is it possible to use the results of a cursor inside a query - similar to the way I would do a nested query? So I have a cursor in my DECLARE area...

CURSOR c1 IS SELECT f1, f2 FROM table1...

and further down I'm working in another query. I know I could do something like

SELECT f1 FROM (SELECT f1, f2 FROM table1... ),

that's standard. But is there any way to pull the cursor results into the query, as in...

SELECT f1 FROM (c1...)?

Or maybe there's another syntax, structure or approach that I should be using? The problem is I have a global query (in a cursor) that I really can't change, but I need to link to another table from it. Any thoughts? Thanks.

B~ Received on Thu Feb 15 2001 - 19:32:21 CST