Re: Creating a Database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:50:28 +0100

"Chul H. Kim" <kimc_at_ugsolutions.com> wrote in message news:3A8A8DCB.BE0349BE_at_ugsolutions.com...
> All,
>
> I've just installed Personal Oracle V8.1.6 on Windows NT 4 Service Pack
> 5. The installation went smoothly but I'm having problem creating a
> database. I'm trying to copy the database from CD onto my harddrive
> when I receive an error saying that I need about 4 MB of disk space on
> the drive that I have 200 MB free. I've tried create a database a few
> times unsuccessfully.
>
> Are there some environment variables that I need to set or unset?
>
> Regards,
> --
> | Chul H. Kim | GTAC IMAN Support |
> | kimc_at_ugsolutions.com | Unigraphics Solutions, Inc. |
> | 714-952-5371 (Fax) | 10824 Hope Street M/S #164 |
> | 800-955-0000-3-(IR#) | Cypress, CA 90630 |

Obviously this is 200 Mb *excluding* the virtual memory you are using during you running the database assistant.
This is written in Java and is known to be very memory hungry. So either you should relocate your pagefile, or you should really free up some disk space.

Sorry,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Feb 14 2001 - 11:50:28 CST