Load indicator?

From: Doug O'Leary <dkoleary_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:20:43 -0800

Hi;

I thought I'd posted this message once before; in case anyone sees it, sorry for the duplication.

I'm working my way through the dba 101 book and found out that there's an alert log that I'm supposed to be checking out periodically. Since my database on my Linux box has been up for some 55 days, there was quite a bit of file to go through. Fortunately, it all said the same thing:

"Load Indicator not supported by OS!"

I get one of those messages every 30-35 seconds. I checked in the init.ora file but couldn't find anything that looked like it might be a load indicator parm; I also searched through otn.oracle.com with no success.

Can anyone clue me in on what this message means and how I might make it stop?

Thanks for any help.

Doug

--
Douglas K. O'Leary