Load Indicator?

From: Doug O'Leary <dkoleary_at_ro05-24-29-232-217.ce.mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:05:53 GMT

Hi;

While working my way through the dba 101 book, I found out that I'm supposed to be monitoring the alert logs periodically. Since Oracle's been running on my system for some 54 days now, there was quite a bit of log file to look through. Fortunately, it all said the same thing:

Wed Feb 14 02:00:48 2001
Load Indicator not supported by OS !
Wed Feb 14 02:01:22 2001
Load Indicator not supported by OS !
Wed Feb 14 02:01:55 2001
Load Indicator not supported by OS !

I get one of those about once every 30-35 seconds. I can't find anything in the init.ora file that would indicate anything about a load indicator and, so far, searching the otn.oracle.com has proven fruitless.

Can someone clue me in on what that error message means and how to make it go away?

Thanks.

Doug

--
Douglas K. O'Leary