Very simple questions

From: Jeff Boyer <jdboyer_at_(remove)icomproductions.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:51:43 -0700

I appologize for the simplicity of this question but I have forgotten the answer. I need to use a data type in my tables that will allow me to store numbr values with decimal places. Is there a data type "float" in Oracle and should I use this data type? I have looked around in my refernce guide and on the net and can't seem to find out exactly what data type to use. If I do use float would I use it like:

Score Float(2) NULL,

or is there anohter way to use it?

Thakns,
Jeff

P.S.
I am using Oracle 8i Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 15:51:43 CST