Apostrophes and Ampersands from VBA

From: <april.mcclellan_at_HydroOne.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2001 22:59:31 +0100

I am calling a stored procedure to insert a record from Microsoft Access. If any of the data values have apostrophe or ampersands (and who knows what else), the stored procedure will fail.

I am using a pass-through query from Access. What is the easiest and most effective way to avoid this problem with the ' and &? I obviously want to avoid parsing the string in VBA, but I also want to ensure that the fastest possible method is used.

Should I be using ADO?

Thanks,

April McClellan
Internet: mailto:April.McClellan_at_hydroone.com

--
Posted from thor.hydroone.com [192.75.116.12]