Re: Oracle CLOB data / ADO problem

From: Mike Fotiou <mfotiou_at_magma.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:28:12 GMT

Yeah, I think you're right. I thought about that too (though retrieving large text fields from SQL Server is transparent, so I tried a simple assignment statement first).

The results of the Getchunk were:

With ClientSide cursor location: ActualSize = 0, so GetChunk always failed. With ServerSide cursor location: ActualSize = [the total number of characters], GetChunk still brought back NULL (plus, we're using client-side cursors exclusively, so that one wouldn't have been much of an option anyway).

I know that the MS Oracle provider and the ODBC driver for Oracle do not support the CLOB datatype. Though no error is reported when using the Oracle provider with CLOB's, I wonder if they are not properly supported in that product as well.

Joseph Ranseth <webmaster_at_NOSPAM.worldcupfishing.com> wrote in message news:M4%h6.1990$gG6.32866_at_news1.mts.net...
> It's been a while, but don't you have to use the getchunk method? I could
 be
> way off, though. I haven't touched ASP for about a year....
>
> --
> Joseph Ranseth - Webmaster
> World Cup Fishing
> http://www.worldcupfishing.com
> "Mike Fotiou" <mfotiou_at_magma.ca> wrote in message
> > Has anyone been able to retreive and display an oracle CLOB from a
 version
 8
> > Oracle database using ADO and the Oracle OLEDB provider (not the
 Microsoft