Re: Oracle 8.1.7 missing DBA Management pack and Instance Manager

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:21:00 +1100

I think, Terry, that he is saying "read the documentation and you will find the answer".

Rather more usefully, I will tell you that I installed 8.1.7ee on W2K Pro just last Wednesday, and everything seems to be perfectly fine. (I have to say that a great many posts here are about installation problems, and I can never figure it out why, since all I ever do is insert CD and click the Next buttons. I get a perfect install everytime; everyone else seems to end up slashing their wrists).

If you give me around 10 hours (it is now around 10.30pm here), I will post what I have from the 8.1.7 installation, and see if we can't progress this further.

Regards
HJR "Terry Adams" <tadams111_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qz8i6.150$yi4.165804_at_newsr1.u-net.net...
> Does this mean I need to install the DBA Management pack separately then?
> and what about the text on the menu item reading differently?
>
> Terry Adams
>
> "frank.sara" <frank.sara_at_infonie.fr> wrote in message
> > Since 8i, OEM as a new architecture. Get the OEM documentation from
 technet
> > to install it.
> > Terry Adams <tadams111_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message :
> > T6Wg6.22$yi4.12250_at_newsr1.u-net.net...
> > > Hello all,
> > > After installing Oracle 8.1.7ee on Windows 2000 Advanced Server I seem
 be