Have a strange problem

From: Simon Cunningham <cs40_at_gre.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:38:42 +0000

On my client machine can seem to connect to either of my databases, using the same Tnsnames file as is on the server and sqlnet files still the database is not found. Running on NT and 816 db. Can ping the database using its SID can ping the machine through its name
This is part ot the message out of the trace file that I had set up.

: Checking local tnsnames.ora file
nncpldf_load_addrfile: initial load of names file E:\orant\NET80\admin\tnsnames.ora
nncpldf_load_addrfile: success
nnfotran: tnsnames.ora entry for name "obiwan.gre.ac.uk" not found nnftqnm: Error querying obiwan.gre.ac.uk of attribute A.SMD errcode 406 nnfun2a: address for name "obiwan.gre.ac.uk" not found nngsdei_deinit_streams: deinit

Can anyone help

Also my OEM Management server has died as well cant seem to keep a connection for any time????? Received on Mon Feb 12 2001 - 08:38:42 CST