Re: Oracle 8i, personal edition - I need help plz.

From: j_beverly <j_beverly_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:13:07 GMT

Log on with user/password "scott/tiger" to query the sample database. Leave host string blank.

Did your downloaded version come with an Administration Assistant program? Setting up a new user using sql is a bit daunting for a beginner (I'm one too).

Go to www.dogpile.com and enter "oracle tutorial" into the search engine. You'll find lots of info. Here's one site you might start with: http://www.orafaq.com/faq.htm

Invest in a good reference book such as "Oracle8 The Complete Reference" from Oracle Press.

Good luck!

Jeff Beverly