Re: Connecting through JDBC

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 06:45:09 +0200

cbinovi_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Trying to access Oracle 8.1.6 through Java 1.3.0 on Linux.
>
> Accessing throug SQLPlus works.
>
> Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
> ("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@localhost:1521:oralin", user, password);
>
> I am receiving an error "invalid driver designator"
>
> Has anybody seen this before?
>
> Thank You,
> Christopher Binovi
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Hi Christopher,
Where did you get your URL string from?
Personally, I use the 'thin' driver, so in my database URL I have "thin" instead of "oci8".

By the way, as far as I know, there is no "oci8" driver type, just "oci".

The other thing I can suggest that you check is the "oralin" part of your URL. Is that the name of your oracle instance?

HTH,
Avi. Received on Sun Feb 11 2001 - 22:45:09 CST