Save currency symbol in DB

From: Andrew Stubbs <news_at_stusoft.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:58:00 -0000

I am trying to save the "£" pound sign into a varchar, but when i retrieve it I get the "#" sign.
I am using WEISO8859P1 charset on the server. I have also tried changing NLS_LANG etc but it makes no difference. Using 8.1.6 on Linux.

Where have I gone wrong ?

Andrew Received on Sat Feb 10 2001 - 07:58:00 CST