Re: Import bug ? (IMP-00015)

From: Paul Harrington <paulh_at_io.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:55:52 GMT

Achille,

First of all, it seems that what you are trying to do here essentially is move tables from one tablespace to another. This you can do in 8.1.6 with the following:

ALTER TABLE tbl_name MOVE TABLESPACE new_tablespace

About your import problem... what you are doing should work if you do something like this:

* Export
* Remove quota on the USERS tablespace (ALTER USER ... QUOTA 0 ON USERS)
* Assign new default tablespace, and assign quota on the new tablespace
* Import

If none of the above works for you perhaps you might post more details, such as the imp/exp command parameters.

Paul.

Achille Carette wrote:

> Sorry, i forgot : Oracle and import version are 8.1.6 on NT
>
> "Achille Carette" <achyl_at_infonie.be> wrote in message
> > A user has an unlimited quota on a the USERS tablespace, and on this one
> > only - thus, all his objects are stored there.
> >
> > User is exported, dropped, and re-created with an unlimited quota on an
> > ^other^ tablespace.
> >
> > At this time, the user doesn't own any object.
> > When re-importing the dump, i get errors like :
> >
> > IMP-00015: following statement failed because the object already exists:
> > ALTER TABLE .. ADD CONSTRAINT ..
> > USING INDEX TABLESPACE USERS
> >
> > What's wrong ?
> > Is there a solution or a workaround ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Achille Carette
> > achyl_at_infonie.be

Paul Harrington - Oracle DBA/Developer, Orbiscom, Dublin. Email: paulh_at_io.com. Please note: I discard all BCC messages unread.