sqlplus-command "host" in pl/sql?

From: Jan Haase <jh_at_informationsdesign.de>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 16:44:30 +0100

Hi.

I want to write a pl/sql-script to copy some files - specified by some select-statements. The database runs on hp-ux.

Using sqlplus I could just type "host cp source_file target_file", but this doesn't work with pl/sql. I need a mechanism to give a string containing the command to the operating system and wait for the return value.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Jan Received on Fri Feb 09 2001 - 09:44:30 CST