about this SQL query: newbie here

From: <_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:23:17 GMT

Get a list of employees in a department. Include the employee's name and location in your display. Show also the employees who are not in that department.

I combined the EXISTS and NOT EXISTS operator in my query(after joining the emp and the dept tables), ie, get all the employees who EXISTS in that dept and get all the employees who NOT EXISTS in that department.

I get the result "No rows selected." Does this mean the two results are canceling each other? Can you suggest an alternate method?

Thanks Received on Thu Feb 08 2001 - 11:23:17 CST