Too many processes

From: <jdorlon_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 05:46:01 GMT

sorry for the crosspost, I got no response on this in comp.databases. oracle.server.

In my 8.1.6.2 database running on AIX, I have about 500 rows in v$process, but only about 10 in v$session. The extras seem to be listener processes which aren't dying.

has anyone seen this before? shouldn't PMON kill these processes off? is there a way to make PMON wake up and do its job?

thanks

-John

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Feb 07 2001 - 23:46:01 CST