Re: Listener: Solaris Error: 13: Permission denied

From: Dennis <dwehlman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 07:26:17 GMT

Hi,
do a Deja powersearch with "516 tns" and you will find help

<quote>
>TNS-12546: TNS:permission denied
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> TNS-00516: Permission denied
> Solaris Error: 13: Permission denied

Apparently this is a problem with the IPC driver, implemented through sockets and semaphores. Usually a socket file is created on disk, AFAIK in /var/tmp/oracle. Either the privilege of this directory is incorrect, or the listener tries to overwrite an already existing file (the file name is constituted from the letter s, a #, and the pid of the listener.) You could start with searching for socket files and remove them

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
</quote>

Dennis

In article <95qpcn$naj$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   oracle_newcomer_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Can anybody shed any light on this one? Yes, a
> good answer is "get a good DBA," but any other
> helpful observations are most gratefully accepted!
>
> Many thanks for any and all help. ~ ORACLE NEWBIE
>
> On start up the database appears ok:
> /etc/init.d/oracle start
>
> Database "*******" warm started.
>
> then the listener chokes...
> LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 8.1.6.0.0 -
> Production on 07-FEB-2001
> 00:44:00
>
> (c) Copyright 1998, 1999, Oracle Corporation.
> All rights reserved.
>
> Starting /export/home0/oracle/OraHome1/bin/tnslsnr
> : please wait...
>
> TNS-12546: TNS:permission denied
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> TNS-00516: Permission denied