Java stored procedures

From: kim <kim_at_lokoy.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 13:55:53 +0100

I'm working on a product supporting both DB2 MVS V6 and Oracle 8i. In the Upgrading of the product we have previously used PL/SQL on Oracle and a Cobol program for DB2 MVS for patches that can not be written in standard SQL. I wondered if anyone had experience with java stored procedures on both platforms, whether it is a good alternative in my case. I.e. large amount of shared code between the two platforms, same standards on the platforms (SQLJ ...).

Another issue is the performance of java stored procedures compared to PL/SQL for example.. Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 06:55:53 CST