Indexes, Increase query speed

From: <WiltonD_at_state.mi.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 18:48:33 GMT

Hi,
I'm a new developer and I want to increase the speed of my queries retrieved in Forms 6.0.
I have a master - detail1 - detail2 (Table1 - Table2 - Table3) relationship. Where detail1(Table2) is the master of detail2(Table3). I have a two forms based on the above relationship. One form has the data source set to the tables (3 data blocks), the other form is based on a view of all three tables (1 data block). For both forms I need to auto query when the form opens Ordered by Table1 name and table2 date.
I have indexes on all primary keys and foreign keys. I also created the following indexes:

Table1 (primary key and name)
Table2 (primary key, foreign key)
Table2 (primary key, date)

The queries are still quite slow any advice? What have I done wrong?

Thanks
Dave

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 12:48:33 CST