Re: Database update problem Visio 2000 SR1, Oracle 8i, Win2K

From: <robertboyle_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 14:08:33 GMT

In article <3eFf6.282344$hD4.68341388_at_news1.rdc1.mi.home.com>,   "Pavan Muzumdar" <pmuzumdar_at_mvsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am using Visio 2000 SR1 with Oracle 8i Enterprise on Windows 2000.
> created a complete database using the database modeling functions in
 Visio.
> Connected to the database using the Oracle ODBC driver and created the
> objects successfully. However, I have two problems:
>
> 1. When I try to update the database after making a change to any
> table, Visio downloads Object Type definitions from Oracle, for
 example,
> ORDSYS.ORDANNOTATION. After retrieving this info from the database,
 the
> logical validation of the model fails because the ORDANNOTATION
 object has
> columns named KEY and VALUE which Visio considers "reserved" words.
 Hence
> it doesn't update the database.
>
> 2. Triggers created by Visio don't seem to get compiled even
 though
> triggers are created correctly on the first pass. Specifically these
 are
> auto counter triggers that are created by Visio.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pavan Muzumdar

Hi Pavan,

You may be able to help me here rather than me help you !! I am using Visio professional with the database modeller but am unable to get the connection to the ORACLE (odbc is there - just don't know how to get to it through visio) and build the database. Could you let me know the steps you have to go through to build your database from scratch from the visio diagram ?

Thanks a lot.
Robert

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 08:08:33 CST