Re: ORA-12560:TNS:protocol adapter error

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 15:01:59 GMT

In article <RhMf6.18$h01.240749_at_news.interact.net.au>,   "Ted" <ted.brooker_at_asiaonline.net.au> wrote:
> Hi, anyone seen this? I am setting up a report server on a Win2000
 (SP1) box
> for Seagate Crystal 8. It connects to an Oracle 8.1.5 db. When the
> global.asa file hits the oConn.Open " etc " line it fails with the
 message
> above.
> MDAC_TYP has the latest MS update. The ODBC driver is Merant CR
 Oracle8 3.60
> supplied by Seagate and updated with cror815.zip.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Usually, a TNS error indicates that your tnsnames.ora file isn't set up properly. The Oracle client installation should have installed a utility "Net8 Easy Config" that should let you verify/fix the TNS name in question.

Justin Cave

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 09:01:59 CST