Re: Entering generated unique value.

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:57:23 GMT

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:37:28 -0000, "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:

>does dbms_random get you anywhere?

Don't know, I haven't looked at it. What I am concerned with is adding the entry and guaranteing it to be unique. I can generate the id myself, or maybe look at the function you just provided.

How would I check if an INSERT failed and cause it to be INSERTED again with a new id?

Brian Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 14:57:23 CST