Help

From: Aziz <azizb_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 22:04:58 -0500

Hello,

I wrote a servlet which read/write BLOB data type from/to Oracle database, using Oracle 8.6 as database and JDBC Thin driver.

The servlet works fine when I run it from JDeveloper which has a build-in small web-server. But when I run it from IIS4 webserver (ServletExec 2.0 as Servlet engin) I am getting the following exception:

ORA-03115: unsupported network datatype or representation

In Oracle documentain this error says:

Cause: A user bind or define, or an Oracle function, is not supported by this heterogeneous Net8 connection.

Action: Upgrade the older version of Oracle and try again.

I am pretty sure that this is not related to the Oracle that I have, as it is almost the latest.

I appreciate your help. Received on Sun Feb 04 2001 - 21:04:58 CST