Re: Capturing PRE POST values of atext field

From: Andy Collins <andy.collins_at_clara.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 22:21:07 -0000

Hi Anil,

I'm using Forms 6i and the associated help files suggest that the POST-CHANGE trigger is included only for compatibility with previous version of Forms. I think this is also the case with Forms 4.5 and if you are attempting to validate the old and new values you should use the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger.

The old value of a text field can be obtained by calling the GET_ITEM_PROPERTY built-in with DATABASE_VALUE as the second parameter (please see on-line help for details). Obviously the new value is obtained from the text field itself.

Hth,

Andy.