Re: about SQL Loader:newbie here

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 09:48:53 GMT

Answers embedded

In article <3A79CB27.EDE55AAC_at_hotmail.com>,   " srcnckpc"@hotmail.com wrote:
> I1)s there a website or some way to learn step-by-step how to use this
> utility?

technet.oracle.com has all documentation, and sample control files are in %ORACLE_RDBMS%\demo. These files are discussed in the documentation

> 2)I have Oracle8 for NT on my machine. Where can I find the Oracle
 RDBMS
> Utilities Guide?

If you installed the documentation, just go to the Oracle for NT group and click 'documentation'. Otherwise install the documentation.

> 3) I am trying to load a huge database from Excel (2000 records) into
> Oracle to run queries. I know SQL Loader will do the job but have no
> idea how it will do this.

2000 huge? lol :) dump the sheet to a csv file which means columns delimited by , and strings embedded in double quotes. Create a correct control file and you should be there

> any help will be appreciated

Regards,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA