Re: HELP! deleted system database file :(

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 21:57:58 GMT

When you cited my message, you omitted "the deleted system datafile is not the first or only one for your SYSTEM tablespace". So if that condition is met, here's how:

SVRMGR> select * from v$database;
DBID NAME CREATED RESETLOGS_ RESETLOGS PRIOR_RESE PRIOR_RES LOG_MOD
E CHECKPOINT ARCHIVE_CH CONTROL CONTROLFI CONTROLFIL CONTROLFIL CONTROLFI OP
EN_RESETL VERSION_T OPEN_MODE

---------- --------- --------- ---------- --------- ---------- ---------

I need to mention that you should immediately switch logfile after you realize you deleted a system datafile, unless you're running in archive log mode (my TESTBK is not).

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

In article <3A7AB94F.B6A4F231_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>,   Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> wrote:

> > ALTER DATABASE CREATE DATAFILE 'yoursystem.dbf
> > as '/fullpath/yoursystem.pdf'
>
> Will this work? It seems to me that this will just create the datafile
> with nothing in it. Since this is the system tablespace, none of the
> data dictionary tables (like SYS.SOURCE$) will be in this tablespace.
> The poster will have to recover from a previous backup.
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>
> --
> Brian Peasland