Re: HELP! deleted system database file :(

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 19:26:42 GMT

It may be too late and has serious limitation. But if the database is still running without the file and also the deleted system datafile is not the first or only one for your SYSTEM tablespace, you can try

ALTER DATABASE CREATE DATAFILE 'yoursystem.dbf as '/fullpath/yoursystem.pdf'

But it's very likely you only have one datafile for the system tablespace so it won't work. Then recover from your backup.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

In article <95a5hj$8v3$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   muhammed1_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found that system database file has been deleted(AACD_SYS.dbf).
> Oracle still seems to be running and system has not been downed yet
> (Linux system). Is there anyway to recover from this mess?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -M

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 13:26:42 CST