Re: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

From: Clint Redwood <clint_redwood_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:08:14 GMT

Hi,

This is usually due to exactly what the message says... a shutdown or initialiastion...

Try and shut down using svrmgrl. Connect internal then shutdown abort. When this is complete startup again. Any error messages with the startup will be displayed and you can deal with this then.

Note: shutdown abort can leave the database in an indeterminate state possibly needing recovery, so check that your last backup or two are intact and available first if in any doubt!

Hope this helps.

--
Clint Redwood.

Note: Any oppinions expressed are my own and may not reflect the views
of my employer.
No warranty can be given to the correctness of any information given.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/