Oracle 8i RowID help

From: <bwiegan_at_axisdata.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:59:02 GMT

We are trying to migrate from Oracle 7.3.4 to 8.1.7 running under HPUX, and have run into a problem. We have the following oci code which works for 7.3.4, but obviously will not for 8i:

void copy_rowid_from_cursor(char *rowidPtr) {
  sprintf(rowidPtr, "%.8X.%.4X.%.4X",

	  ora_cursor.csrrid.ridbrba,
      ora_cursor.csrrid.ridsqn,
      ora_cursor.csrrid.ridtid.tidpid);

  return;
}

ora_cursor is a global csrdef cursor variable that gets set from a previous insert. The new csrdef in 8i does not have these subelements for the cssrid (rowid) definition. So is there anyway to generate an equivalent rowid string in 8i that uses the new 18 character alphanumeric representation? (I inherited this code, I didn't write it. :-))

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 14:59:02 CST