Re: Installation error

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:24:15 GMT

In article <yJHd6.25525$OD.9732866_at_typhoon.snet.net>,   "Michael971" <michael971_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a version of Personal Oracle 8 that I am re-installing on my
 PC which
> I have upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 2000.
> I get an error
> Analyzing dependencies
> SQL*NET Client
> Stopsrv.vf[78] Type mismatch in argument 0 when calling 'contains'
>
> Stopsrv.vf[78] String expected when 'LIST' found
>
> can I edit the Stopsrc.vrf file to correct this problem.
> Michael971_at_hotmail.com

So you have crossgraded from a win95 update to a win nt update. For which platform is your Personal Oracle 8? You are aware Personal Oracle 8 has never been certified on win2000 and microsofts downwards compatibility almost always leaves to be desired? Editing the stopsrc.vrf should be considered as a hack which likely will result in more problems, as you evidently can't know what is in it.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA