Re: SSL & PL/SQL

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:43:52 GMT

Oracle has an advanced security option. I think you may need the enterprise edition to get this. The authentication products Oracle supports are Kerberos, Identix, CyberSafe, SecurID, RADIUS, and NTS. If you haven't done this before, your best bet is to use the Net8 configuration wizard and to look at the online help, which isn't bad for a change. The section of the wizard you want is under local/profile. There are five tabs to choose: authentication, integrity, other params, encryption, and SSL. Sybrand is right - you'll have to be using TCP/IP. Also like Sybrand, I've just played with this stuff lightly and not yet had to use it for real at a client site.

Van