Connecting

From: Waldo Ricketts <wricketts_at_mncppc.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:30:04 -0000

I'm having problems connecting, I get the error ORA-12504:TNS:Listener was not given the SID in connection, I have no problems win I run tnsping, or when I run SQL+ I only get this error when I try to connect using a third party application, is this a problem with the way I have Oracle setup or do you think it is with the third party application. Thanks