Re: Can I Select data from Procedure/Function?

From: Ed Prochak <prochak_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 05:08:18 GMT

In article <3A7777F6.2C501F05_at_hknet.com>,   Diviner <diviner_at_hknet.com> wrote:
> I have a complex Select statement and want to wrap it up.
> Does Oracle has any machanism for me to do this?
>
> Thank you very much.
> --
> Best regards,
> Diviner.

Does it return one value, one row, or many values/rows? Do you intend to call it from SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, or another language (e.g., Pro*C)?

The mechanism is different depending on your answers.

If it returns a single value, make it a PL/SQL function.

If it returns a single row, then a simple PL/SQL procedure.

If it returns many rows, then a more complex PL/SQL procedure.

Tell us more so we can help.

--
Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.