Re: Newbie PL/SQL question

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:50:08 -0600

you cannot use SQL*Plus commands inside a PL/SQL block, which is what it looks like you are trying to do.

PROMPT and ACCEPT are SQL*Plus commands, but they are not valid syntax for PL/SQL statements.

the DECLARE, BEGIN and END keywords are elements of the PL/SQL language, but not of SQL*Plus.

your listing looks more like a SQL*Plus script than a PL/SQL block. try removing the PL/SQL schtuff from around your SQL*Plus script.