Re: Hopefully stupid db link question

From: RS <rs_at_rshome.u-net.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:40:30 -0000

Bryan,

First of all, does the TNSNAMES.ORA file on the database server itself have the same entries as shown below. It may be that the client (if you are using one) machine has them but not the server.

Secondly, just a hunch, but try putting '.WORLD' on then end of your 'using' string, this may be need to qualify the connection, depending on what settings are in the SQLNET.ORA file.

Also, do you have global_naming turning on in your init.ora file ?

Hope this helps,

RS