Re: Compressed Indexes fail

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:35:11 -0000

I have checked metalink for

    compress index 12421

There is a bug 1468034, fixed in 9.0.0
relating to compressed indexes and
rebuilds but it seems to be more about
AND-EQUAL paths with compressed indexes; but there is a note about a patch on Sun

There is also a bug 1484218 in a similare vein on HP-UX, with Oracle 8.1.6.2

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html