Re: Automatically running SQL Loader

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:40:43 -0600

use cron to schedule a shell script that tests the existence of the certain file, and executes SQL Loader if it is found.

we had a setup like this running for several years with 7.x. since the file was being ftp'd to the box, we did have to add additional checks to ensure that we had the whole file, and not just part of it.