Re: requirment to run application software developed in oracle

From: <mikedba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:08:48 GMT

> is oracle required to run a application
> developed in oracle at our user side.

Your question can be answered in detail by the company you buy Oracle from. Please call them or write an e-mail to them.

However, I can tell you that all end-user sites will have to purchase some form of Oracle run-time component. They will not necessarily have to purchase all of the tools you use to develop database application software, but if you use Oracle tools that require end-user licenses, then all end-user sites will also have to purchase end-user licenses for the tools. I am not familiar with the details of these licenses, but I think that they are sold by-seat in some cases, and in other cases they are priced according to some other unit of measure.

mIKE

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 12:08:48 CST