Re: Newbie PL/SQL question

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:46:24 GMT

In our last gripping episode "Araxes Tharsis" <pnrmaia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to create a script that shows a menu and depending on the
 choice runs
> another script.
> But the script in PL/SQL is not accepting the start command inside
 the BEGIN
> and END.
> Help appreciated,
> Araxes

You would probably be better off writing a UNIX shell script or an NT batch file (depending upon which O/S you're using) since the 'start' syntax is not appropriate for the context.

If you are using 8 or 8i and can write some C/C++ program "stubs" you can create a library or DLL of external calls to run your scripts then use the EXTPROC functionality to make external procedure calls from your PL/SQL menu to this "library". I'm not certain how well this would work, but you could give it a try.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com