Re: Initcap screws spanish characters

From: RazorWings18 <razorwings18_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:52:27 GMT

Well, i'd say I'm 100% sure it's the database causing that problem, but I found a discrepancy between the initDB.ora file at the staging server and the one at our main server, which is:

compatible = "8.1.0" (at the server causing the problem)

and

compatible = "8.1.6" (at the server working correctly)

Do you think this could be the cause?

Thanks!

In article <954cog$705$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jdorlon_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> That is strange. I am using 8.1.6 with NLS_LANG set to AMERICAN and
 it
> does not happen to me.
>
> select initcap('canadá')
> from dual
>
> returns
>
> Canadá
>
> What version are you using? Are you sure it is the database which is
> messing up those characters?
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com