dropping a table, if it exists?

From: Hope <hn67_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:07:49 GMT

hi-

I am trying to test to see if a table exists, and then drop it. I would have thought that

drop table advsearch
where exists (select * from user_tables where table_name='ADVSEARCH';);

would work, but it doesn't.

I have also tried

BEGIN

     drop table ADVSEARCH;
     create table ADVSEARCH ( testfield number );
EXCEPTION
     create table ADVSEARCH (testfield  number);
END; to no avail. Please please help?

gratefully,

Hope Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 16:07:49 CST