Dumb question - was: Why does my relationship conflict with my trigger?

From: EM <nospam_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 00:06:23 GMT

My appologies for asking, but why do you use fully qualified table names? (ie the TSS. portion in your example) None of the systems I've worked on have used this. DBAs usually insist on removing this as it presents a major headache at times. Is there a new convention that makes this preferrable? (I'm not being snarky as there may well be, but I'm just not up with the times...;-) I ask because there was a poor soul asking about multiple instances a few weeks ago because some purchased package had this construction & presented some mjor headaches for him.

Where's this come from & why? Aren't synonyms and database links preferable? Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.

EM