Re: strang table locking

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:24:51 -0000

Good point.
You can (at least on 8.1.7, which is what my HP is at present):

    alter table xxx initrans 4;
    alter table move;
or

    alter table xxx move initrans 4;
and the ini_trans column of the resulting table is indeed 4 - and it should be true, although I haven't actually tried packing a sample table and dumping the resulting blocks after the move.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html