newbie's question on control file/SQL Loader

From: PC <prabhaweb_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:48:40 GMT

Hi:

I am trying to load a huge Excel file (.csv) into Oracle. This is my first time with control files etc. When I do the control file command at Unix, ie,

$sqlload control=file1.ctl log=file1.log

I get the following error:

"Name specified is not recognized as an internal/external command, operable program or batch file."

What does this mean?

Also, do I code "load data, infile *......." as a script in an SQL editor and then run it in SQL Plus?

Thanks,
NC Received on Sun Jan 28 2001 - 08:48:40 CST