Monitoring sessions...

From: Ron and Karen Nettleton <rknettleton_at_qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:34:50 -0700

Hello,

I'm trying to create a script that will execute every 10-15 minutes and simply query the v$session table and look for new sessions and place the username, day and time in a table I've created. What I've done on the table I created is make the three columns a unique key so I don't get duplicate values. Here's where I have a problem. To test the script, I start a couple sessions and run the script. It populates the table fine the first time. I then open another session and try the script again and it will die because of the unique key. I want it to go through the script and if it reaches the unique key exception, skip to the next row in my cursor.

Unfortunately, I'm at home and my script is at work or I would have copied it on this message.

As I'm typing this another question came to mind. This is in an NT environment, so if I need to kick off the script every 15 minutes how will I do that? WinAT doesn't allow for this type of schedule.

Thanks in advance for any help

Ron N. Received on Sat Jan 27 2001 - 12:34:50 CST