Re: oracle info

From: Arthur <mechhunter_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 04:27:34 GMT

Writing from Australia - it really depends on what you like to do. C++, VB and Java are both very popuplar and powerful but Java is more isolated to web development - that you will eventually head into a web development position.
C++ and VB are more along a programming side and although there will be a slim exposure to web, Java is more predominary web. Predominary now, VB is VERY popular, if you know it and also Unix, you are almost guarantee to get a job.
So either one of them are very desirable to employer. But I have heard about the market in the States (if you are from there) - they have a shortage of Oracle professional and if you know that, you are almost already in the door- something that Australia does not have. =o(

-Arthur

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:03:38 GMT, "paully" <dontgive_at_spam.com> wrote:

>I just noticed in previous posts that it's also on unix/linux, that makes me
>quite happy :)
>
>"paully" <dontgive_at_spam.com> wrote in message
>> I'm currently attending a 2 year tech college for IT/programming and much
 of
>> curriculum will deal with database programming including 2 oracle classes.
>> What I'd like is opinions on what language(s) I should really focus on, I
 do
>> some C/C++ and some VB right now. I've also done a little java in the
 past.
>> I'm new to this and just want to get a head start and maybe a job before I
>> get done with school. I'm just looking for info, web resources, etc.
 Curious
>> as to what programming folks who work with oracle all the time use. I was
>> also curious as to oracle on the unix/linux platform, do they have it?
 hehe