Oracle 8iEE and Linux (take 2)

From: Thrawn <thrawn_at_sdf1.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:37:24 GMT

Hey all!

I have a few new peices of information.

Short story:
I have installed 8i EE on RedHat enterprise 8-10 times now, it will not create the database, I can't connect to the oracle server. After a lot of poking around I found this

[root_at_linux02-ca dbs]# pwd

/oracle/OraHome1/dbs
[root_at_linux02-ca dbs]# ls

core init.ora
[root_at_linux02-ca dbs]# file core

core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file of 'oracle' (signal 11), Intel 80386, version 1

the oracle server must be crashing every single time I launch it and wasn't reporting that to me during the install. Any ideas whats going wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Ray Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 09:37:24 CST