Re: Personal Oracle 8i for Windows 95 ?

From: <chiappa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:50:54 GMT

> > The Oracle site only has Personal Oracle 8i for Windows 98 for free
> > download. Does anyone know where I can get 8i for Windows 95 ?
>
> IMHO it does not exist.

yeah, it not exists. Some months ago I downloaded and installed the 98 version of personal 8i in a Win95osr2 machine, and all worked well. The machine only MUST have 128 Mb of RAM, and more than 2 Gb available in disk.

> download it. It is 240 MB!
> But I ordered the CDROM for free and I got it in a few weeks in a
 huge
> almost empty box (for free from the USA to the Netherlands).
> So: order it and be patient in the meantime.

yes, it is possible to order in CD, but if you are in a hurry the best way is to use getright in a fast-connection machine (I did it in my boss' machine, programming getright to download after hours).

[]s

       Chiappa

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 09:50:54 CST