Pro*C/C++ in different Oracle versions

From: Markus Pesti <pesti_at_lemleipzig.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:44:08 +0100

Hello,

I have some problems with Pro*C/C++ in different verions of Oracle. It seems so, that I have to recompile and relink my programs if I want to use another Oracle server. I succeeded in doing this with versions 7.3.3 and 8.1.5 (program and Oracle server on DEC Alpha with Tru64 unix). Now I have to get the program running on version 8.0.4. If I take the program, that was compiled and linked with the 8.1.5 libraries the program crashes. If I recompile it with the 8.0.4 libraries, the program does not work properly.

Example:

extern std::string sStatement;

EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
 char* szStatement;
 EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
 szStatement = new char[sStatement.length()+1]; strcpy(szStatement, sStatement.c_str());

 EXEC SQL PREPARE S FROM :szStatement;

 delete [] szStatement;

 EXEC SQL DECLARE C cursor for S;

 EXEC SQL OPEN C; That code produces Oracle error 1003: 'no statement parsed'. Does anyone know what is wrong here? Are there known problems with Oracle 8.0.4 on DEC Alpha and Pro*C/C++ ?

Thanks in advance.

Markus Pesti (lemLeipzig) Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 09:44:08 CST