Re: Oracle installer problems

From: <derf23456_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:18:42 GMT

Looks like you need Oracle's patch #33124, which is their Y2K fix for the Oracle installer.

We were upgrading (SQL*Plus and Developer run-times) a buncha NT4.0 boxes with various hardware, and there was no rhyme or reason (that we could discern) to the crashes we were or were not experiencing. Once we started using the new version, we upgraded all 74 workstations with no problems.

In article <t712okodf39760_at_beta-news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> Question : which version? 3.3.1.4?
> Remark: please report this also to Oracle by submitting an ITAR. Or
> alternatively: come up with more details, I will try to reproduce the
> problem and submit an ITAR.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> "John Grogan" <john.grogan_at_southlanarkshire.gov.uk> wrote in message
> > If anyone is interested, the versions of the Oracle installer that
 I am
> > using (both 7.3.3 and Oracle Developer 2000) appear to be non-Year
 2001
> > compliant!
> >
> > Both function fine when date is put back to 2000!
> >
> > --
> > John Grogan
> >
> > Hamilton, Scotland, UK
> >
> > In article <949a4g$6i8$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > John Grogan <john.grogan_at_southlanarkshire.gov.uk> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I am experiencing problems running Oracle Client installs on
 several
 NT
> > > 4 workstations. Installation program crashes during the copy
 process.
> > > These workstations (along with the rest of the PCs in the
 department)
> > > have recently had MS Outlook 98 and Proxy Client installed. I
 have
> > > previously done many Oracle Client installs without problem and
 the
> > > only common factor between the problematic workstations as far as
 can
> > > see is the recent MS installs. Has anyone experienced similar
> > > difficulties?
> > >
> > > --
> > > John Grogan
> > >
> > > Hamilton, Scotland, UK